For the total development of the human being, solitude as a means of cultivating sensitivity becomes a necessity.
J. Krishnamurti

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

feeling like 10 million ruppes

so after being cooped up, sick, missing yoga, missing other human life and on top of it all not exercising for over 2 weeks, I got just what the nurse ordered.... an 8 hour hike to the most epic place I have ever treked too.

Triund is a 1,800 km uphill climb from Mcleod. The trek is about 4 hours up and is a fast incline to a high elevation. At times your likes fee like they might explode and then youyr reach the top. The peak is this lush grassy plane scattered with huge granite boulders, shrines, a tea shop and prayer flags. There is a 360 view of even higher monumental peaks all around, which are made visable for brief moments as the clouds part and reveal the truth that you are surrounded by giants.

I have never been so taken back by the power of mountains. I have never seen such high peaks and I can see the intrigue and desire to climb them. This place is so moving that I needed to part form my group of four and take some time to sit in silence. I walked up to the shrine to Durga and sat and thought. My few first thoughts where of my grandparents that have since past. Some how being surrounded by the ancient mountains reminded me the solid foundation they have been created my life.The clouds at Triund seemed to move in a slow and steady pattern that reminded me of Papa, my mothers father. The cool breeze and sunlight was grama betty as she had this way of being warm and comforting always. And then the stoic peaks, so still and sound was Grandpa Joe, a man who made sure his grandchildren were taken care of. I just sat and talked to each one and felt a deep respect for what nature can do for the soul and how no matter where we are our past is with us, all parts of it. I miss my grandparents dearly and love that we can talk through the mountains and clouds.

sending love and thinking of your smile.

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying each and every account of your trip. You have inspired me to find insight, faith and peace similar to what you have found, however possible in my own crazy life. I miss you and can't wait to see how you've grown from this trip. Love and miss you!

    squirrel

    ReplyDelete